Ezz El-Din Abdel Aziz Hassan is appointed Dean of the "Faculty of Applied Arts" at the Egyptian Russian University.
Prof. Dr. Sherif Fakhry Mohamed Abdel-Nabi, President of the Egyptian Russian University in Cairo, announced that the university’s board of trustees, headed by Dr. Mohamed Kamal Mostafa, issued a decree of appointing Prof. Dr. Ezz El-Din Abdel Aziz Hassan, professor of Design, Glass Technology and Restoration and former head of the Glass department at the Faculty of Applied Arts in Cairo, Helwan University, Dean of the Faculty of Applied Arts at the Egyptian Russian University. His Excellency stated that the Faculty of Applied Arts has received approval of starting studying in it from the first semester of the academic year 2022-2023. On the occasion of the opening of the faculty, the university offers a 25% discount on the expenses of the academic year 2022-2023. Dr. Sherif Fakhry explained that the “Faculty of Applied Arts” is one of the faculties that keeps pace with the needs of the labor market locally and internationally, and is highly demanded by students who eager to work in the field of design and production technology related to the specializations of applied arts. However, the faculty accepts high school graduate students, whether from the scientific department or the mathematical one, or its equivalent and they must successfully pass the faculty’s qualification exam.
The duration of the study at the faculty takes is 5 years basing on credit-hour system: the first year is the preparatory year and four years for specializations in the scientific departments. The faculty opens with four scientific departments:
- Interior design and Furniture
- Printing and Packaging
- Fashion and Apparel
However, there are three other departments that will open later:
- Photography, Film and Television
- Industrial Design
Moreover, the rest of the majors will be added in the following period, which are:
- Iron and Metal constructions
- Metal products and Ornaments
- Textile printing, dyeing and finishing
- Sculpture and Architectural formation.
It is worth mentioning that Prof. Dr. Ezz El-Din Abdel Aziz Hassan, the Dean of the College of Applied Arts, holds the following academic certificates:
- PhD of Philosophy in Applied Arts “Glass Design and Technology”. from Helwan University.
- Master’s degree of Applied Arts “Glass Art and Design”. from Helwan University.
- Bachelor degree of Applied Arts “specializing in glass” 1968.
Besides, Dr. Ezz El-Din has around 45 years of scientific, technical, and applied experience in various positions:
- Teaching Assistant, Lecturer, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor of Design and former head of the Glass department at the Faculty of Applied Arts, Helwan University.
- Teaching Art, Design, Glass technology and Restoration for the two stages of preparatory and bachelor’s degree, in the Glass Department, Faculty of Applied Arts, Helwan University.
- Teaching specialized pre masters and pre doctorate courses
- Supervising, discussing and arbitrating more than forty-five doctoral and master’s theses in the specialization of Glass.
- Establishing an advanced experimental Glass lab as a production unit for special educational, research, and production purposes in the Glass Department of the Faculty of Applied Arts at Helwan University.
- An arbitrator member of the scientific committees to promote the positions of professors.
- An arbitrator member of the scientific committees to promote the positions of Associate Professors.
- Member of the Permanent Scientific Committee of Associate Professors at the Faculty of Applied Arts (2004-2007).
- Member of the Graduate Studies Committee, Faculty of Applied Arts, Helwan University.
- Head of the committee for preparing the postgraduate diploma exam at the Faculty of Applied Arts, Helwan University.
- Chairman of the Master’s Examination Conduct Committee at the Faculty of Applied Arts at Helwan University.
- Head of the control system of master’s exam at the Faculty of Applied Arts at Helwan University.
Furthermore, Dr. Ezz El-Din Abdel Aziz took part in the construction of many projects and artworks, including:
- Establishing the Glass Department on January 18, 1997 at the Faculty of Applied Arts at Helwan University.
- Participating with the Engineering Consulting Unit in the Department of Architecture, Faculty of Engineering, “Ain Shams University” in the aesthetic and architectural development of the facilities of the train station in Luxor, c.
In addition, He has a hand in designing and implementing:
- Plans for restoration, repair and maintenance of the artwork “Art Painting for Stained Glass”, which is installed in the fixed window of the residence of the Ambassador of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in Cairo 2014.
- Plans for restoration and maintenance of archaeological works of art installed with windows, openings, and ceilings of the palaces of the President Egypt “Etihadiya Palace”.
- Plans for restoration and maintenance of archaeological works of art installed with windows, openings, and ceilings of the palaces of the Presidency of Egypt “Abdin Palace”.
- Works of art of leaded stained glass for fixed windows in the main passenger hall of the Luxor City Train Station – c.
- An innovative integrated glass lighting unit “Mishkat/ Lantern” that was spread in various ancient mosques in Cairo and Islamic world countries, such as: “Al-Aqsa Mosque, Al-Azhar Mosque, ancient mosques in Fatimid Cairo, mosques in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and mosques in the Islamic world.” like Pakistan”.
- Plans for the restoration of artistic works of leaded stained glass for windows in “Muhammad Ali Palace” in Shubra in Cairo Governorate, affiliated to the “Ministry of Culture” in the Egypt.
- Plans for the restoration of a glass artwork for the doors of the Parliament Club’s building in Cairo.
- An artwork of glass sculpture installed in the main facade of the Middle East News Agency in Cairo.
- Plans for the restoration and maintenance of an artwork made of leaded glass at the British Cultural Center in Cairo.
- Many glass artworks for the purposes of external and internal architecture, for instance: architectural openings, windows, and doors, etc
- Glass artworks for architectural openings in places of worship in Egypt, such as: Church of Virgin Mary in Dokki, El Mataria Church, and Baron Church.
- An artwork made of leaded stained glass installed with an architectural hole, at the Faculty of Computers and Information, Helwan University.
- Many wall art works, whether internally or externally, by mosaic glass.
- Various artistic glasswork in the facades of exhibitions and openings in residential buildings in Cairo.
- Integrated and distinct glass lighting units used for indirect lighting purposes in tourist hotels in Egypt
Last but not least, Dr. Ezz El-Din Abdel Aziz has prepared technical and economic feasibility studies for some glass industrial projects and developed many designs of technical and industrial products, tools, equipment and production lines in the glass industry.