Participation of the Egyptian Russian University in the Egyptian Programming Competition for University Youth
Within the framework of enhancing students’ skills, abilities and creative potential in the field of programming and technology, nurturing the innovators among them and supporting their talents, and under the patronage of Professor Dr. Sherif Fakhry – President of the University, students of the Egyptian Russian University participated in the Egyptian Programming Competition for University Youth, which was held at the Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport in Alexandria, which is one of the oldest and most prestigious competitions aimed at motivating programmers to solve computer problems, in which 2,300 teams from various Egyptian universities and institutes competed over a period of 10 days.
Twelve teams of students from the Colleges of Artificial Intelligence and the Colleges of Management, Economics and Business Technology participated in the competition, divided as follows:
Eight teams from the College of Artificial Intelligence, sponsored by Professor Dr. Hisham Fathi – Dean of the College:
– First team: Abdel Rahman Ghaly – Nabil Tamer – Amr Khaled
– The second team: Mahmoud Maher – Arwa Hassan – Akram Muhammad
– The third team: Ali Ayman – Nadine Muhammad – Alaa Badawi
– The fourth team: Moaz Jaafar – Muhammad Farouk – Ahmed Khattab
– Fifth team: Ahmed Reda – Omar Tawakkol – Aya Reda.
– Sixth team: Iman Mahmoud – Ahmed Ayman – Hamed Muhammad
– The seventh team: Abdel Nasser Abdel Hakim – Omar Essam – Asmaa Muhammad
– The eighth team: Alaa Mukhtar – Malak Walid – Arwa Muhammad
Four teams from the College of Management, Economics and Business Technology, “Business Technology” Department, sponsored by Professor Dr. Al-Tahira Al-Sayed Hamiya – Dean of the College:
– First team: Mazen Alaa – Ahmed Al-Desouki – Theodora Maher
– The second team: Abdel Rahman Mahmoud – Paula Sami – Ahmed Khaled Abdel Fattah
– The third team: Ahmed Al-Sheikh – Abdullah Muhammad – Abdul Rahman Muhammad
– Fourth team: Omar Muhammad and Maryam Tamer.
He supervised the training of the participating teams from the College of Artificial Intelligence: Dr. Heba Hamdy, M. A. Adel, M. Mona, M. Badr, and M. Shaima Hussein, and from the College of Management, Economics and Business Technology: M. Ahmed Ayman M. Muhammad Al-Husseini and M. M. Reham, and among the students of the College of Artificial Intelligence “ICPC Community Leaders ERU” are Abdul Rahman Amro Ahmed Tariq and Islam Saeed.
Also, 4 teams from the university achieved advanced positions out of 227 teams participating in the qualifiers.
In this context…the ERU ICPC Community was established, which will assume responsibility for training and equipping students at the university to increase the number of participants in the competition in the coming years from various university colleges and qualify them to compete for leading positions in the future.