The Egyptian-Russian University announces the details of the forum of the Faculty of Applied Arts.
Prof. Dr. Sherif Fakhry Mohamed Abdel Nabi, President of the Egyptian-Russian University, announced that the activities of the first forum of the Faculty of Applied Arts at the University were launched, under the title “Applied Arts between Art, Architecture and Industry”, which aims to link the academic education of students with successful, and pioneering business models in diversified fields of industry as its educational background dates back to the faculties of applied arts. He pointed out that the forum was held with the full support of Dr. Mohamed Kamal Mustafa, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the University.
From his side, Dr. Ezz El-Din Abdelaziz, Dean of the Faculty of Applied Arts at the Egyptian-Russian University, explained that several cooperation protocols were made between the university represented by the management of the “Faculty of Applied Arts” with the major production companies and great institutions that attended the forum different specializations: “Interior design and furniture, printing and packaging, glass, fashion and clothing”. He pointed out that these protocols are aimed at visiting factories to see the latest production lines and what the advanced Egyptian industry has reached in the fields of applied arts within the leading companies in its field to prepare students to enter the labor market after graduation immediately.
In the same context, Dr. Safia El-Kabbani, Advisor to the President of the Egyptian-Russian University of Visual Arts, pointed out that the forum “Applied Arts between Art, Architecture and Industry” comes within the activities of the university; to train students practically on the fields of multiple applied arts and their role in improving the quality of Egyptian industrial products; as well as to prepare them to face the challenges in the labor market and benefit from the expertise of distinguished industrialists after their graduation in order to activate the strategy and plan of the state to link education to the labor market; achieve self-sufficiency and reduce imports. She added that the activities of the forum will contribute to link the scientific study in the branches of applied arts with their various applications and fix them in the mindset of students.
The activities of the first forum of the Faculty of Applied Arts at the Egyptian-Russian University were attended by: “Dr. Ehab Fattouh, Dean of the Faculty of Pharmacy, Dr. Khaled Tawfik, Dean of the Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Dr. Tahera Elsayed Hamia, Dean of the Faculty of Management, Economics and Business Technology, Dr. Khaled Mehrez, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the House of Design and Furniture Industry, Dr. Khaled Ezz El-Din, Executive Director of Hijabi Clothing Company, Eng. Mohamed Hammouda, Director of Allam Training Academy Heidelberg North East Africa, Eng. Osama Zaghloul, Director of Design and Projects Department at Hijabi Clothing Company. Crystal Asfour, a group of faculty members, and students of the College of Applied Arts.”
It is worth mentioning that the recommendations of the first annual forum of the Faculty of Applied Arts “Applied Arts between Art, Architecture and Industry” came as follows:
– Activating cooperation protocols between the College of Applied Arts and factories, companies and productive institutions related to the disciplines of applied arts to support and develop the educational process in the college and keep pace with the continuous growth of the requirements of the labor market.
– Establishment of a consultative center for the productions of design research and production of development in the fields of art, industry and architecture which related to the disciplines of applied arts.
– Linking academic scientific research in the college to the requirements of the society and the labor market to develop solutions into realistic problems in the fields of design and production.
– Developing a mechanism for holding periodic and specialized seminars in the college that increase the ability of students to understand the developed technology in scientific disciplines.
– Emphasizing the development of a system that contributes to the identification of the elements of basic industries in Egypt to identify the areas of deficit in each of them, and then develop appropriate stimulus paths to achieve the goal of local industries to be integrated.
– Supporting the students to participate in competitions and innovative activities that contribute to the development of students’ abilities and show the role of the College of Applied Arts in serving the environment and society.